Let’s face it – buying auto insurance for the whole family can be expensive. Your family might have multiple cars to insure, and that usually means multiple drivers to insure.
There are, however, ways to save money on your policy through a variety of auto insurance deals. Whether you’re looking for a policy because of a new driver or just shopping for a lower price, discounts are available that can save your family money.
You may even qualify to use multiple auto insurance discounts – this is one of the most effective ways to cut your auto insurance costs.
How Do You Qualify for Auto Insurance Deals?
Every auto insurance provider has a list of discounts they offer to their customers. A lot of those discounts are pretty standard across the industry, but more specialized discounts will have some qualifications.
There are steps you can take to figure out where you stand with your auto insurance discounts:
- Assess your current policy discounts: You should have access to this information online, but you can also reach out to your agent to get the information. Ask for a list of discounts you’re already receiving and what the discounts are for.
- Research other available discounts: Your insurance company likely has a list of discounts available online, as well. Read through the list and see what discounts you may qualify for. You may need to talk to an agent to get full details on some discounts.
While some discounts are automatically applied – bundling and safe driver discounts, for example – others may require you to submit documentation. If someone in your family takes a driver’s safety course, they will need to submit a certificate of completion to receive a discount.
4 Auto Insurance Deals That Save Your Family Money
When you want to save money on your auto insurance, you need to take advantage of auto insurance discounts. These auto insurance deals can save your family a significant amount of cash.
1. Auto Insurance Bundle Discounts
Auto insurance bundles are one of the most lucrative ways to save money on your policy. One type of auto insurance bundle is for families with multiple cars. This can be especially beneficial if you have teenage drivers with their own vehicles.
Another type of auto insurance bundle is the multipolicy bundle. Most insurance companies offer more than just auto insurance and bundling your auto policy with a homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy can actually save you money on both policies.
Pro tip: You may be able to bundle other types of insurance to save money. Ask about life insurance to put together a comprehensive package for your family.
2. Student and Teen Driver Discounts
If you have teenage drivers or adult children in college, you can find auto insurance deals with most insurance companies. Some companies offer discounts for teenager drivers that successfully complete a driver safety course.
For families with children in college, there are a couple of other discounts available. One of those discounts is for families that have students away at college who aren’t driving. Another discount is for college students who receive good grades.
You may need to submit documentation to qualify for some of the student and teen driver discounts, but it’s usually a simple process you can do online.
3. Safe Driver and Vehicle Discounts
There are a few ways you can save money on your auto insurance by being a safe driver. Some insurance companies offer auto insurance discounts if you’ve been accident-free for a specific period of time. Other insurance companies offer discounts on certain types of insurance if you wear a seatbelt.
Vehicle safety is another way you can save money for being a safe driver. A lot of insurance companies offer discounts for having safety features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights. You may also qualify for a discount if you have an anti-theft system installed in your vehicle.
Another auto insurance discount is the vanishing deductible. The longer you go without an accident or traffic violation, the lower your deductible will be.
4. Specialty Discounts
Outside of the standard discounts, many insurance companies offer a list of special discounts. If you work for or are a member of certain organizations, some insurance companies may offer you a discount for being an affiliate.
Other discounts are available for military members and federal employees. This may include a discount for being on active duty or working for the government in a civilian capacity, as well as for being deployed unexpectedly.
Every insurance company has a unique list. It’s a good idea to ask your insurance company if there are any discounts you don’t know about.
Tips for Finding the Best Auto Insurance Deals
Finding the best auto insurance deals takes a little bit of work. You need to know what discounts you already have and how much they are saving your family, then you need to spend time researching your other options.
There are ways to make the process a little easier on you, though. Here are three tips for finding the best auto insurance deals for your family:
- Review your coverage options: Before you start comparing auto insurance quotes, you need to know exactly what your coverage options and limits are. You want to compare the same options across all of your quotes.
- Get multiple quotes: While this can take a lot of time, it’s one of the most crucial parts of finding the best auto insurance deals. If you can get a list of all of the discounts you qualify for, that would help with your comparison.
- Compare costs and discounts: Your insurance quotes should have a breakdown of how much each type of coverage costs. Start by comparing this information, then take a look at what discounts are applied to each quote.
This might seem like a tedious process, but it’s worth the effort. You don’t, however, have to go through this process alone.
Talk to an Insurance Agent about Auto Insurance Deals
The reality is that not everyone has time to dedicate to hunting down the best auto insurance deals. An insurance agent or broker can work with you to select the right coverage limits, plus find the best auto insurance discounts for your family.
Looking for the best auto insurance deals for your family? Talk with the team at Fiorella Insurance Agency to get started today.