Are you looking for ways to save on your Florida auto insurance policy?
Do you wish you knew the secrets to auto insurance discounts?
Have you been wondering how you can get those discounts for yourself?
Nearly every auto insurance provider has a list of discounts. Some companies have more extensive lists than others, but you can almost always get some kind of discount on your policy.
But what if you’re looking to get the most out of auto insurance discounts? What if you want to really maximize your savings?
Read this blog for foursecret auto insurance discounts that will give you ultimate savings and the flexibility to choose the auto insurance coverage that best suits you and your family’s needs.
Florida Auto Insurance Requirements and Coverage Limits
Before you read through the list of auto insurance discounts, it’s a good idea to know exactly how much auto insurance coverage you need in Florida. Florida requires two types of auto insurance coverage:
- Personal injury protection (PIP): With personal injury protection coverage, 80% of all “necessary and reasonable medical expenses” are covered in a qualified incident regardless of who caused the accident. The minimum coverage limit is $10,000.
- Property damage liability (PDL): With property damage liability coverage, any damage caused to another person’s property by you (or another person driving your vehicle with your permission) will be covered. The minimum coverage limit is $10,000.
Every vehicle that is registered in the state of Florida must carry these two types of auto insurance coverage. This is part of Florida’s “no-fault insurance” laws. However, you can always have additional coverage to better protect your financial interests.
Other types of auto insurance coverage you may want include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
4 Auto Insurance Discounts You Need to Have Now
Whether you have a basic liability policy or a full-coverage insurance policy, auto insurance discounts are one of the best ways to save money on your insurance quotes.
1. Multipolicy Discounts
Most insurance companies offer a multipolicy discount and it’s one of the most lucrative auto insurance discounts available. You can bundle your auto insurance with other eligible insurance plans – homeowner’s insurance, renter’s insurance, or condo insurance.
You can also get a multi-car discount. And depending on the insurance company, there may be other insurance policies you can bundle to save even more money (think life or pet insurance.)
2. Safe Driving/Accident-Free Discounts
Insurance companies don’t want to make payouts on claims. That’s why they reward good drivers. Some insurance companies offer discounts on premiums after a certain number of years without an accident or major traffic violation.
3. Student Discounts
There are various ways that students and their families can receive discounts on their auto insurance policies. Some insurance companies offer a “good student” discount, which usually gives a percentage off their policy if they maintain a certain grade.
Other insurance companies offer a discount for students that don’t live at home and don’t have regular access to a vehicle. These types of discounts can save a lot of money.
4. Driving Technology Discounts
Nearly every major insurance provider offers some type of driving technology. That is, they offer something you can plug into your vehicle that monitors your driving and reports the data back to the insurance company.
If you think you have excellent driving skills, this is an especially easy way to get an auto insurance discount. You typically don’t have to pay for the device, either.
Other Auto Insurance Discounts You May Want to Have
Those are just the four best auto insurance discounts that are available to almost every individual or household in the country. However, every situation is unique and there are other discounts that can benefit you.
A Fiorella Insurance Agent can help you choose insurance that’s right for you.
Here are some other practical discounts depending on your family situation:
- Defensive driving discounts: For seniors over the age of 55 (and younger, in some cases), most insurance companies will offer a discount if you take a qualified defensive driving course every year.
- Anti-theft system discounts: If you have a factory-installed anti-theft system or you’ve added one yourself, be sure to include this information to get a discount on your auto insurance policy.
- Military or veterans’ discounts: Some insurance companies offer discounts to people who are actively serving in the armed forces or are veterans of the armed forces.
- Loyalty discounts: Discounts will vary by company, but if you have a continuous policy with the same company, you may receive an auto insurance discount.
- Affiliation discounts: Sometimes, certain organizations will have a long-standing relationship with an auto insurance provider, which gives their employees a discount.
Beyond this, there are even more niche discounts for people who have set up autopay or receive paperless statements. If your discounts aren’t listed on your policy, ask your insurance company for more information about what discounts you’re getting and what discounts you may qualify for.
The Best Auto Insurance Discounts in Florida
Every household and vehicle situation is unique, so everyone’s coverage types and limits will vary. Discounts are typically standard, as with multipolicy and anti-theft system discounts, though some discounts have a range and the discount will increase over time, like with good-driving and loyalty discounts.
The best auto insurance discounts are those which you easily qualify for – you already need homeowner’s or renter’s insurance, so a multipolicy discount isn’t farfetched. If you’re a safe driver, take advantage of those discounts.
A Fiorella Insurance broker or agent can help you figure out what information you’ll need, what documents to submit if you need to, and decide which plan is best for you and your family.
Need help finding the best auto insurance discounts? Fiorella Insurance Agency can get you the best rates and quotes for your situation. Fiorella Insurance Agency can get you the best rates and quotes for your situation.